Thursday, November 22, 2012

16 weeks and a happy Thanksgiving


How far along are you – 16 weeks
Total weight gain – still just a pound or two. Nothing significant.
Maternity Clothes – I am wearing my maternity jeans and yoga pants all the time. I tried on my old jeans and they aren’t comfortable what so ever.
Stretch Marks –Nothing.
Sleep – I’ve actually been sleeping pretty good these past few nights. Its kinda refreshing.
Best moment this week – getting to see our little avocado. My friend Debbie did a complimentary ultrasound in her office yesterday and I got to see our little one dance around in my uterus.
Miss anything – Tuna fish, half pots of coffee and a glass of wine.
Movement – I’ve been feeling more fluttering and bubbles lately, especially last night. I almost had Brad put his hand on my stomach to feel, but I think he would have made fun of me!
Food Cravings – Still fruit. Maybe a can of cranberry sauce from time to time. I have my appetite back now, so I’m eating pretty regularly.
Anything make you queasy or sick – nothing.
Gender – I think we are having a girl.
Labor signs – nothing.
Symptoms – I have been feeling some tight pressure right around my pelvic bone on my left side, but I’m pretty sure its my muscles stretching to accommodate a growing child.
Belly Button in or out – Still in but stretching to the limit.
Wedding ring on or off – On during the day, but I took my rings off last night because my hands have gotten super swollen.
Happy or moody –Pretty happy all the time.
Looking forward to – Our next appointment with my regular OB on the 5th and we get to meet my high-risk guy on the 6th to make sure my heart and baby’s heart is doing just fine.

We had a pretty darn good visit to Arizona this past weekend. I'd have to say that I got pretty spoiled by getting to sit in 80 degree weather in a nice chair next to a pool and work on my tan. I could get used to short weekends like that. :-) Brad and I arrived on Thursday night and spent some quality time with Brads brothers and Christine and Kaley. In fact, the first thing kaley did when I walked in the door is feel my belly and then want to do her very "Scientific" gender prediction test. It involved her hiding a screwdriver and some scissors under two couch cushions and depending on which one I sat on, I am having either a boy or a girl. I sat on the screwdriver, so evidently we are having a boy! lol. I laughed pretty hard.
Friday was spent sitting by the pool and hanging out and then Friday night we went to an old mining camp for dinner a show! Esther and Jadon really got a kick out of the band and instruments and the food was tasty! It was quite the experience for little ones.
Saturday was the Ireland Thanksgiving and everyone showed up. Grandma Ireland and Aunt Nancy (Don's sister), Grandma Barnett and Aunt Becky (Ferol's sister). It was wonderful because I had never met anyone on Ferol's side of the family. We had a great turkey and pie's galore, great conversation and some awesome pictures.
We left on Sunday early afternoon, but you better believe that I was by the pool working on my tan and enjoying the sun! Oh, I played some pool volleyball as well which was a lot of fun! It was sad to leave the family and the sun, but we had to come back to reality some time. All of my residents at work missed me and I missed them. We have been working on getting the house in living and working order and it's slowly coming together. Items are finding homes and whatever we don't use on a regular basis is either going up in the attic or in the garbage.

When Brad and I woke up this morning, the first words out of my mouth were “What are you thankful for hunny?” He responded with “I’m thankful for a happy healthy baby and wife. I’m thankful for a house over our heads and food in our tummy’s. I’m thankful for a great family and great friends who care about us.” He quickly responded back with “What are YOU thankful for Megan?” I told him that I was also thankful for our little avocado and the fact that ‘she’ is growing and is healthy. I’m thankful for a healthy body and mind. I am thankful for the friends that we have grown with and who care about us. I am very thankful for a great family, on both sides, who love both Brad and I unconditionally. I’m incredibly thankful that we have jobs and working vehicles. I suppose I am just thankful for everything in life. We have great friends, both near and far. Great families, great lives. We are just blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment