Friday, December 31, 2010

Bring on the New Year

What will the new year, 2011, bring me? What will it bring to my loved ones and friends surrounding me? What will it bring for my wonderful husband and his side of the family?
I got to thinking about all of this today seeing as how it's the last day of 2010. Needless to say, I've done some self reflecting today and this is what I've come up with.

Last new years eve, I was in Billings with Fiance' who lived off of north 24th street in an awful bachelor pad. lol. I made the shrimp dip that my mom always makes ( and as i type, my mom is making it for my father ). We then walked up to our favorite Bar and celebrated up there. After midnight I told him "Brad, this is the year we are getting married!!" and we both smiled.

This new years eve, after midnight I will get to whisper to my close friend Nicole "Nicole, my husband comes home this year!!" There might be a few tears coming down my face as I whisper it to her, but they will be tears of happiness. Yes, I don't get to spend new years with my husband, but I am so happy that I get to spend it with Nicole! She has been such a great friend to me that I don't know what I would do without her. I love you Nicole!!

2010 has brought me many different challenges. I got married to Bradley Thomas Ireland and it was the best day I've ever had. We had a truly beautiful wedding. I also moved to a different state with him. I had to make new friends, which wasn't hard once I got a few good ones. It showed me who stuck by me through Brad being gone on different training's and who really understood what was going on in my new married life. 2010 has made me realize how hard life actually is when you are on your own. In September of Brad left to go and do his duty to serve his country, which left me in Billings to fend for myself. It was september 13th that I met Debbie Bailey and Ashley Wiser, two truly amazing women who I don't know if I could make it through this deployment without them. That night, Tracy Hagan (brown) took me out to dinner and grocery shopping to get my mind off of Brad leaving. He wasn't gone yet, but the fact that the process had started was gut wrenching.
Regardless of how awful it was to have Brad leave, I am so thankful for the family that I married into. They care about us so much and I am continually amazed by how involved they want to be in our life. They've checked in on me from time to time and even set up a trip to new york for Brad and I spend his 4 day pass together. Our last chance to spend quality time together. They didn't have to do it, but they care about us.

So what do I hope 2011 will bring me? Well I know a few things it will bring. It will bring home my husband, safe and with all 10 fingers and 10 toes. It will bring small Finn into the world in May. It will see families grow. it will see friendships blossom and mature. It will see my 'little sister' turn 21. it will see a few weddings I'm sure. Brad and I will get to celebrate our one year anniversary . . even though we aren't together for it. My dear friend Nicole's little boy will turn 1 this year. That's pretty exciting.

We will have to see what it does bring, but I know that it will only bring happiness and personal growth.

Happy New Year!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment