Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Seattle Trip

In the time that I have been here in Seattle, I haven't done as much as I thought I would be doing. In fact, I had two days off at the beginning of the week where I was in my PJ's till 3pm. Pretty amazing if you ask me. I arrived on a Thursday evening and went straight to see my grandmother in the hospital. She had fallen a few days before and broken her hip.



Friday morning I woke up early and drove down to the Olympia area and visited my nephew Jadon. It was his first birthday that we were celebrating. I was representing Team Ireland ( the youngest Irelands ) with my mom as well. My mom and I then made a quick stop at the air force base for a few things and drove back up north.
My own brother, Alan, shares the birthday with jadon. Actually, the other way around. They share the same birthday day. anyway, we went out to dinner that night to 13 coins across from the airport. I had never been in there, nor will I ever go in again unless someone else is paying. Holy smokes that place is pricey. We had a good time however.
Saturday I went and spend some quality time with my grandmother. It was nice to see her and chit chat with her.


Sunday, my mom and I put our best clothes on and went to the nutcracker. We have this tradition every year, with the exception of two years. So we have been going for 12 years now. Pretty fantastic. We go out to eat at Cutters Bayhouse and then go to afternoon Ballet. It's such a nice treat.





Monday through Wednesday I watched my favorite kids ever. Mitchell and Gyasi. Such great kids. We didn't do much. I dragged them to see Santa on Tuesday and after I finished up some Christmas shopping.



Wednesday night I went down to visit Brads parents and older brother and his cute family. I am so thankful for a great sister in law like Christine. I'm not sure what I would do without her. She's pretty fantastic. We decorated gingerbread cookies and played a board game till the wee hours of the morning. I don't believe I've laughed that hard in a VERY long time. :-) Thank you Don and Ferol for making the game even more awkward! hehe.






Christmas and Christmas eve wasn't the same without Brad here. yes, this would have been our first married Christmas together, but we have been dating for close to 5 years. We have spent close to all of them together. It's just not the same. So Christmas came and went like it was nothing to me.
I have had the wonderful chance to go on a 'date' with my good friend Jamie. We ate out at a Thai food restaurant and then saw a 2 dollar movie.
I've also had a great time catching up with my little sister Kelsey. She is another person i am so thankful for in my life. We have so much in common and i am so blessed to have her in my life and as my little sister.
Today I got to spend some quality time with my very good friend Nicole and her family. Malachi was as sweet as ever the entire time. I'm not sure I've seen such a welbehaved young man and he is only 9 months old.




Over all I've had a pretty good trip. I've had a few minor bumps in the road and I miss home tremendously. I miss my good friends that I've made back in billings and they have made it very clear that they miss me as well.

Update on Brad:
he is doing well. It was a shared feeling about spending Christmas away from each other. Neither of us enjoyed it. It seems that holidays are hard. however, we are pretty close to booking my plane ticket to Ireland in April. Before we know it I'll be blogging about how excited I am to go to Ireland. He is ready to come home and not be where he is. He isn't enjoying his time there and wants it done sooner than later. He however got his big black tote with all of his extra stuff. among those things was his new xbox that we bought him before he left, so that makes me happy that he is doing something he enjoys. I continue to send him care packages once every two weeks or so. I never want him to feel like I have forgotten about him.

Ashley is about 5 months pregnant now, pushing 6. We found out before I left that she is having a little boy and she couldn't be happier!! It's exciting to have all of these boys in my life. First with THE most important, my wonderful husband. Then Jadon was born. Malachi was next. and the 3rd in line is little Finn David Wiser. its been pretty cool to go through this pregnancy with her. I am so flattered that she has let me be so involved with her during the pregnancy.
I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment