Tuesday, September 21, 2010

one week down . . .

. . .only 388 days left. But who's counting anyway?
The week has gone by pretty fast actually. School has been a true blessing in disguise. Last Tuesday I was a wreck and didn't think I could get out of the funk. But I've accepted that I won't see Brad for 6 or 7 months. The beauty in that though is that we get a sweet reward at the end of those few months! IRELAND
I have to say, I'm doing very well in keeping myself busy. School is really kicking my butt. There is no hope for a job in the near future BECAUSE of school. But I'm alright with that. Close to every day now, I've come home from school, sat down at the kitchen table and spent 5 or 6 hrs doing either math or Biology. It's exhausting. I however am getting into the groove of working out again and boy does it feel good. I experienced my first Zumba class last night and it was intense. Those ladies can really shake it! It felt so awesome to get moving again, especially with dance inspired work outs.

I have some pretty amazing people in my life right now as well. Debbie Bailey is an awesome woman. I have dubbed her my Montana Mom! :) my mother away from home.
Tanya Steinbeck, Ashley Wiser, my very own madre, Nicole Broome...i mean salmond, Kyla Bauer's, Tracy Brown, they've all been so amazing. I couldn't ask for a better group of ladies to keep me company through this tough time.

Brad for the time being is in Kentucky for a few more days. Then back to Fort Dix, New Jersey till he actually deploys in the middle of October. That will be a hard day for me as well I think. It's when all of this becomes even more real. For right now, we still share a continent and similar time zones. But come October, that will all change. If we want to talk on the phone or skype, it has to be in the morning my time because it'll be night time for Brad and vice-versa. That's a whole new challenge.

We'll see how it goes. No sense in worrying about it now when it's 3ish weeks away. that's 21 more days off my countdown system! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment