Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Defeated

I am feeling defeated.
Still no work for the rest of this week.
No word back from any other employers.
It seems that it really is hard to find a job in this economy. I know there is something wonderful out there just waiting for me but I don't want to wait anymore. I want to be employed and making half or very decent money to help contribute to being married and the expenses it comes with. It's hard to stay positive when there is negative all around. I've worked on my resume a little so that's a step in the right direction. Except I don't have much experience with customer service so I feel all I can do is work with children. Who wants to hire a receptionist who has no experience and has only worked with children her entire career? I am trying my hardest to stay with the mentality of the glass is half full, but right now I feel like it's half empty.

On a more positive now however, my wonderful husband comes home late tomorrow night and I couldn't be happier! I have missed him so much and am very excited to pick him up at the airport and wrap my arms around him. I am sure there will be tears and laughs and kisses. I also can't help but think what his homecoming in a year will be like! We hope to see each other on his 6 month leave and possibly meet in Ireland for a honeymoon kind of thing. His 6 month point is right around our 1st wedding anniversary so here is to hoping. That's just a nice thought as of right now.
So REALLY we will go 6 months without seeing each other, but it's still a long time. But his homecoming in September of 2011 will be amazing!! I never thought about the other part of the soldier before I knew Brad had joined the army. I only thought of the soldier, but really its hard on both fronts. I have a new found respect for service spouses. It's hard to be away from the person you love the most for a long period of time. You have to depend on a network of people to keep you elevated. I'm still working on building my network, but by the time Brad leaves in September I'll have made a few good connections and that's all I need.
I am still very thankful for my family and friends ( old and new ) who have been helping me through this harder time in my life. Tracy has been a life saver. Rachel has as well. And I'm not sure what I would do without my wonderful mother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment