Thursday, March 21, 2013

33 weeks



How far along are you – 33 weeks – 8 months and 1 week
Total weight gain – Just about 20 lbs. yikes!
Maternity Clothes – All the time
Stretch Marks – every day I find a few more around my belly button ☹ I need to stop looking.
Sleep – it was harder this week because of my right hand problems. Turns out, I have carpal tunnel in my right hand. Once I got a brace, I slept through the night.
Best moment this week – celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary. We spent ALL day together and our little man moved around quite a bit.
Miss anything – the ability to sleep on my stomach, clothes fitting correctly and tuna fish sandwiches
Movement – Tons of movement still on my right side. Today he kicked so hard that it actually hurt me.
Food Cravings – Ice cream and sweets.
Anything make you queasy or sick – Nothing.
Gender – little boy all the way.
Labor signs – I haven’t had as many Braxton hicks contractions these days. It’s sorta bitter sweet.
Symptoms – I have had lots of swelling, mood swings, insomnia and anxiety about the weeks ahead.
Belly Button in or out – well on its way out.
Wedding ring on or off – I took my wedding band off for a few days and that seemed to reduce some of my swelling and discomfort for my left hand.
Happy or moody – Moody. Very moody this week.
Looking forward to – My Billings baby shower and 35 week appointment on April 1st.

Brad and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary yesterday with a laid back day. First we had a doctor’s appointment and we had the opportunity to hear our little guy’s heart beat again. We ran some errands and had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Brads oldest brother and his wife sent us a gift card to B-dubs because they know how much we enjoy it, so it was nice to play some trivia and have some yummy fried mushrooms. ☺ Thanks you guys! We decided that instead of going out to a nice dinner and a movie that our money would be better spent getting something yummy at Albertsons and renting a movie from RedBox. So that’s what we did. It was nice to come home after a long and busy day and get into our sweatpants and have dinner on our own schedule. It was a wonderful day spent together and couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend it.

My very best friend Nicole and her small family are coming up from Cheyenne, WY for my Billings baby shower tomorrow and I am beyond excited to see them. I’m eager to see who attends the shower and get to spend some time with all of my Billings friends. Brad and I have our nursery some what put together, so that’s exciting. We have some paint chips put up and I think we’ve decided on a shade of blue that we like. Perhaps after Brad has painted, I’ll take pictures and post them to show it off.

After my next doctor’s appointment on April 1st, I will be having weekly doctors visits. Yikes! It’s getting close! Brad and I have our hospital tour on the 15th of April, so maybe after that I’ll feel a little bit better about the end to this adventure. What do I pack in my hospital bag? Do I bring a diaper bag for our little guy? Silly questions. I think I have decided that we are going to do cloth diapers once he is a few weeks old. It just makes more sense from a financial aspect. Why would we spend thousands of dollars on diapers in the 2 years he will be in them, when we can spend no more than 400 and they grow with him! It just seems to make sense is all.

Here is to the next 7 weeks!!

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful as always my darling ! I'm glad you have the carpal tunnel issue under control . . . Finger tip numbness is frustrating when trying to feel your baby's soft skin! Please don't make me change my plane reservation! But you know I will if I have to ;-) I can't wait to come help you with your little one.

    Have tons of fun at your shower and with Nicole!
    Love you . . .
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady!

    You Pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan!
    Brad just showed me the blog...love it! Hope all is well, not much longer now :)

    -Church

    ReplyDelete