Saturday, December 29, 2012

21 weeks 2 days

How far along are you – 21 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain – 12 pounds. I liked it before when it was hard for me to gain weight.
Maternity Clothes – I’m going to need to invest in some maternity tops pretty quick, as my pre-pregnancy cotton shirts wont be lasting me much longer.
Stretch Marks – None. I found out that my mom didn’t have any stretch marks, so that’s good news for me!! Thank goodness for good genes! ☺
Sleep – Pretty good. I’ve woken up a few times this week hurting in the morning, but it doesn’t last long.
Best moment this week – I felt an honest to goodness kick.
Miss anything – A glass of wine and a tuna fish sandwich, maybe even together!
Movement – The kick I felt and more intense fluttering. Still waiting for more movement that Brad can feel.
Food Cravings – My cravings have subsided and I’m sort of back to not having an appetite.
Gender – I still really want a girl, but I think I’m carrying too low. We will find out January 10th what we are having.
Labor signs – nothing.
Symptoms – I’ve had an achy body in the mornings and I managed to get a nasty virus. My energy level has severely decreased and I haven’t felt good for most of the week.
Belly Button in or out – In
Wedding ring on or off – On
Happy or moody –Both. My hormones have taken over my emotions. I have found that things I would normally just laugh really hard about, I start crying and then I’m sad for a while.
Brad is excited for – the anatomy ultrasound on the 10th. We haven’t seen our baby in a while, so he is excited for another peek.
Looking forward to – My 22 week appointment on the 3rd and the ultrasound on the 10th.

Our Christmas was very nice! ☺ Brad surprised me with a brand new 11 piece pot and pan set. My last set was a hand me down set from my oldest sister in law and the non-stick on the pans had worn off. I was getting more and more frustrated with each meal I used them for. Christmas morning there was a big box under the tree for me from Baby Ireland. As I unwrapped a little bit of it, I saw what it was the tears started flowing. If you told me 5 years ago that I would be so happy to get new pots and pans, I would have said you were crazy. There was one stipulation to the gift however. I have to continue making Brad “nummy” meals with the pots and pans.
My 22 week appointment is on the 3rd of January and we will more than likely get to hear the heart beat again and make sure I’m measuring where I need to be. I’m sure my doctor will be pleased with my weight gain seeing as how it was so hard for me to gain what I have.
A few days after my 22 week appointment my mom comes to stay with us for a week and will be here for the anatomy ultrasound. Saying that I am excited to see my mother is an understatement. I miss her tremendously and am very eager for her to see my pregnant belly. Hopefully she gets to feel our little Ireland move while she is here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie! You look beautiful in this photo . . . nice shirt :-) Seven more days till I'm there, hoping the time will fly by!
    I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete