Friday, May 27, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Since I have gotten home from Ireland, I have been busy busy busy. I had the drill weekend BBQ that another wife helped out with (Thank goodness). After that, I think life slowed down a little bit.
I was told before my trip to Ireland that the local recruiters were going to put on a car wash and all of the proceeds would go to the FRG. I thought it was going be something that I just show up to. Nope. Simon, this British guy who lives in billings ( of all places ) has donated his main car wash to the army for the day of June 4th. I guess he is the co-inventor to the touch less car wash. SGT James told me that this means he is a millionaire. ooo lala. anyway, he has released this to the media . . . the local newspaper, news stations and radio stations. I have made a flyer that he will be posting around town to get it out there even more. It's gotten bigger than I thought it would be, but that only means more money for the FRG to have to use towards the welcome home warrior ceremony and other activities we choose to do.

I think this simon guy will be a good guy to hook up with though. I walked in and he wanted to know a little bit about myself. I told him I was currently unemployed and his eyes got big and I could see the wheels in his head start turning. So, hopefully this is a stepping stone to something good. I can put my face out there for people to get to know me and recommend me for certain jobs. :-)

I'm starting to put my feelers out for a new place to live. The sooner I get into a new place, the sooner I can settle down and get ready for Brad to come home. He is ready to come home. We had our taste of married life for two weeks and realized how much we both missed it. I mean, we both knew we missed each other, but its the deciding what we want to do for dinner, enjoying a bottle of wine together, watching a movie and just hanging out. It's those small moments that I miss and am envious of those of you who have your husbands home. I've mentioned that before . . . I just have to know that my time will come. Sooner than we know it. :-)

So after this car wash on the June 4th, I have organized a Zumba morning on June 18th at the unit. After that, I start work with the doctors kids on the 22nd. Soon after, my parents will be out here for the 4th of July. Then Kaity and Kelsey Brough will be out here for a night on July 20th. Hopefully after THAT, Christine and the kids will come out for a visit. THEN, Nicole and her handsome son Malachi come out for the first week in August. Before I know it, it will be the end of August and time for Brad to pack up and leave Afghanistan to come home safe to me.

Here is to hoping that time goes by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment