Sunday, April 3, 2011

Special Experience

I got to experience something pretty special this evening while picking up Debbie at the airport. One of the army men, Matt Dunn, made it back to Billings tonight and met his family at the airport. I didn't go in and witness it, but tears fell from my eyes from sitting in the car. There were balloons and family and tears and good times. Lots of on lookers and spectators.
This got me thinking about what my reuniting with Brad will be like. There won't be anything like this. It will just be me. meeting him. no balloons, no family. Just he and I! Just the way I want it. I have 3 weeks till I leave to go and see him.
Debbie made the comment on our way back to her house tonight saying "Megan, you better have lots of things to read or do on the plane to Ireland. That's going to be the longest trip of your life!" Ain't that the truth?

anyway, I just got home and wanted to blog about it. I'm also considering contacting the lifetime television station, for the Coming Home tv series for when our guys get home. Wouldn't that be cool to have their coming home ceremony televised? I think so. lol.

goodnight all

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean no balloons??!!??

    You can ALWAYS have balloons!


    Oh and, the two of you together MAKE a family. So it's not true that there won't be any family there to greet Brad.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete