Monday, March 7, 2011

March Madness

No, I'm not referring to basketball. The month of March has promised a few different things.
The most important one to MY life is a ONE year anniversary that Brad and I will share on different sides of the world. On the 20th, we will be married for one entire year! It doesn't feel like we've been married for a year, it feels like 6 months since he hasn't been here to experience the married life with me. I know i signed up to be married to the army, but celebrating these milestones without him isn't fun. However, on a positive note I had a nice visit with a woman from the church I work at. She came into the nursery looking for the bathroom and we ended up talking for a little bit. She saw my ring my my finger and asked if I was old enough to be married and have children. I corrected her and told that I am married, but no children for us yet, as my other half if in Afghanistan. I told her that we will be celebrating our one year anniversary this month and she told me that she and her husband have been married for 67 years!! They got married right around the same age and Brad and I! If that's not motivation, then I don't know what is! How awesome that they are still alive and enjoying life together, 67 years later!

March also brought a baby shower into my life. We celebrated Ashleys little baby boy who will be born in the month of may! She's about 6 1/2 months old and is ready to meet her son! It was a good time had by all. She had about 7 people show up and got lots of clothes for Finn to wear.





I will be traveling to Kansas City at the end of this week for some FRG training. It's the perk of being involved in the FRG, they pay for your traveling! :-) I've never been to Kansas City, so it will be a new experience for me. I'm not sure what the training will be about, but I'm eager to learn more about how I can help the families get through this deployment.

I'm ready for this deployment to be over. I miss my husband more and more each day and find myself not as happy with life. On the positive side, we have 1 month, 3 weeks and 6 days till Ireland!!!!! I need to stay focused on that.
I'm also going to get back into the gym and get my body in shape. I haven't been a gym since thanksgiving! EEK! baby steps I suppose! The weather here in Billings is getting a little bit nicer, so that's some motivation to get my butt in gear and back in shape.

2 comments:

  1. Please stay positive... I know I don't fully understand but I don't want you to be sad. Try and keep yourself busy. SOon you will be reunited with your hubby... think about how amazing that is gonna be... don't know how much of Ireland you are really gonna see... ha ha only kidding just saying.. you two have a lot of making up to do! I am glad Ashley's baby shower went well. I like the diaper tower! That is wicked awesome!! If you are sad or mad please call me! Or if you just wanna say hi!! Please please please, I am only a phone call away and if I can't pick up I WILL call back!! Love you

    ReplyDelete