Wednesday, December 8, 2010

wednesday night health class

So for those of you who don't know, I had my health class every Wednesday night from 6-9 pm. It was a pretty awesome class. My instructor is a very cool guy who has helped me through the semester tremendously. He is a prior service member and understood what I was going through with Brad being gone and visiting him on his 4 day pass. He's pretty cool. So thank you Mr.Rumph for a great semester.
What the blog is really about is the cardiovascular stuff we talked about tonight in class. It dawned on me, for the first time in a very long time, about how lucky I am to be still be alive. My heart had such issues. For 12 years, half of my heart was working and I am alive to say that! Who lives through half of your heart working for 12 years without being sick and not active? At any given moment, my heart could have stopped working and that's be the end of Megan. Yes, that's a morbid thought, but it's true. People survive through these things every day. We also learned that cardiologists and surgeons now have the ability of doing invitro heart surgery. Heart surgery when still in the womb! How amazing is technology?

Anyway, I just had a little break through tonight. I had a quick upper in my kind of blah day.
maybe I'll post my heart defect story for all of you . . . . 2 people who regularly read this . . . to read and know more about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment