Saturday, October 30, 2010

1 year anniversary

So today marked the day I was sort of dreading. One year ago today I flew into billings and when I landed a strange sensation came over me. I took a deep breath and thought to myself "aww . .. I'm home!" strange because I had NO IDEA that my life was going to change that night. Brad picked me up and brought me flowers, which he never does. He opened the truck door for me ( which he does now ). He was calling me cute 'pet' names a lot more, which was strange for him. I thought to myself . . .what have you done with Brad? He had a few things planned for this particular evening but I was tired and wanted to go to his apartment and just go to bed. He was very adamant that we go to the rims tonight and look at the city. His plan already got foiled when my flight from Seattle for post poned in Missula or something for a plane malfunction. He wanted to propose at sunset! haha. that didn't happen.
Instead, he drove me to the rims where we walked and walked and walked. I hadn't planned on doing all this hiking up rocks and stuff. I wore slippers. He took me to this secluded spot where he wouldn't let me sit or hold his hand. We talked seriously about our relationship and where it was going. He then got down and I couldn't tell you what happened next. It's a blur. But judging from this pretty ring on my left hand, he proposed and I said yes.
One thing I do remember, is that he got the ring 2 sizes too small. lol. Minor detail in this wonderful story.
We went back to his apartment and decided who we were going to tell and not tell. We were going to fly back home to tell our parents in person the next day but spend Halloween together.

Today I missed Brad more than usual. I put on this great front of me not missing him, but on days like today, a minor milestone, I wanted him here. Or at least a phone call. :( It'll happen and when it does, I'll wish him a happy one year.
I want those of you who have your husbands at home right now to give them a hug and a kiss. Be thankful that you get to spend your evening with them and go through normal life with them for the next year. It's not that I'm jealous, because that's not the right word. Maybe it is. It's only a year though. But it's a year that I don't get to spend with Brad. So hug them, kiss them and tell them how much they mean to you. Imagine only being able to have 10 minutes to talk them every 3-4 days. The last time we got to touch each other was at the Newark airport and I was crying. We've webcamed since then, but it's not the same. So be thankful for them. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment