Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wacky Montana Weather

It was a beautiful sun-shining day . . . at least for most of the day.
Brad and I were playing a few games of sequence when we heard the tornado siren go off. We had been having some thunder and heavy rain when this happened. We stopped our game ( which is still sitting on the table as I write this ) to check out the news to see what was going on.
A tornado had in fact touched down near downtown. It tore off the roof of the Metra which is billings version of the tacoma dome. It's a big entertainment venue. The roof is torn up and pieces are scattered around town. There was also power outages in the heights and other damages. It's done now, but for a while it was kind of worrisome. Winds were high, rain was rough. Lots of thunder and lightening. It was kinda cool but very happy Brad was here with me to go through it. I wouldn't have been so cool, calm and collected.
The national weather service warnings are getting annoying when they intrurpt our TV watching but its nice to know that we will be well informed for next time.

Weather from now on is supposed to be nice. For the girls weekend it's supposed to be in the 80's all weekend and thunderstorms!! :) awesome!

Kinda cool to say I have been through it. Thank goodness I can say that. lol.

If you want to see the pictures or coverage, you can search the Metra park, billings mt. Or just watch our weather on any weather station. Our local weather station we watch is the KULR 8!!

As of right now I see blue sky in spots around the mountains and then when I look the other way I see the darker clouds of the storm that passed. No more rain, just a flooded billings and little ponds in front of our house! lol.
Wacky Montana Weather

OH! small note. Brad and I have been married for 3 months today!! these 3 months have gone by soo fast!! :) But I couldn't be happier

No comments:

Post a Comment