Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thank you Mom, I Love You!

I've said it before, many times but not sure my mom knows how much I appreciate her. As my late grandmothers birthday has come and gone this year, it has made me realize (again) how much my mother and I talk every day. If it's not a "good morning" text, it's FaceTime at some point in the day, even if it's right before bed.
I am so lucky to have a mom like mine. She drives me crazy and there are moments that I just need to walk away, but I really don't know what I would do without her. She is my sounding board to everything, she really is my best friend, she is a fantastic grandmother to her (for now) only grandchild. She is understanding of life's obstacles and what my family has to do to survive. I never really appreciated her like I do now before we had Owen. I under estimated the amount of love a child can have for a parent until I became a parent myself. You will do anything to see your child succeed, be happy and grow.
My mom is making the 3 hour drive to Moses Lake to spend her birthday with us and I feel like it's Christmas. I am giddy with excitement, texting her and asking her if she is packed and ready to go in the morning. We have our few days planned and they are going to fly by! We have projects to complete, a birthday to celebrate and a trip to Quincy for some wine tasting (happy birthday mom).

I really couldn't ask for a better mom. She is one in a million and I don't tell her enough how much I appreciate her. I am very fortunate to have the relationship I do with my mom. Many of my friends don't share this same bond and it breaks my heart. This is a big reason as to why I hope baby #2(no, we are NOT pregnant) is a girl, so I can have the same friendship and relationship I have with my mom, with my own daughter. The excitement of headbands and sparkly shoes, girly sleepovers, dance classes, homecoming and prom dress shopping and then wedding dress shopping!

Thank you mom for being amazing!! If I am half the mom you are, then I know I'm doing something right.

Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment