Monday, November 18, 2013

7 months, 1 day!

Owen is 7 months old as of yesterday and he has grown so much in the last month. I feel like he just has his 6-month mark . . . I guess time is going to fly by! At about 6 months and 3 weeks old Owen started crawling! It was such a great thing to experience. I had come home from work and Brad and Owen and I were hanging out in Owen’s room. He was on his tummy and just decided then and there that he was going to start crawling! It brought tears to my eyes to watch Owen learn how to pull himself with the carpet and use his legs and upper body strength to move!! Way to go!! He also really likes to spend time in his highchair! This last month we introduced some peach yogurt, applesauce (because I had a hard time making my own) and some sweet peas! Oh, we also tried some butternut squash and he wasn’t pleased with the taste! He makes the funniest faces when he doesn’t like foods. I’m pretty sure he likes carrots, but he didn’t like the ones I had made him. My mother had suggested that I mix some carrots in with another food that he does like – like applesauce – and see if he eats it! I could not shove that applesauce/carrot mixture into his mouth fast enough! Thank you Mom!
We also had Owen’s 6-month check up where he had more shots! It’s never easy to watch your child scream and kick like that, but he takes it like a champ and is over it 2 minutes later! He must get that from his dad because I am no good with needles! Owen also weighed in at 19.5 pounds! He is a big kiddo but I am sure now that he is moving around and far more active he will start to thin out! His doctor was pleased with his weight gain because the last few times he had been seen, he was in the 2nd and 4th percentile for his weight, meaning he was almost underweight!
We are back to cloth diapers for right now! I was having such a hard time with them that I took a little vacation and then realized our budget can’t support formula AND diapers that cost almost 40 dollars every two weeks! So my dear friend Riley has helped me problem solve and they are working better! I was able to get the stink out of them and we are snapping them just a little tighter on Owen and they work sooooo much better! Thank you Riley!
Another first Owen had this month was his first head cold! We aren’t sure who had it first and shared – Owen or Brad – but regardless, we passed it around and we all were sick! I’m not sure any child likes to get their nose suctioned out with the blue bulb thing, but the first few times I used it with Owen, he laughed! ☺ Then he quickly realized what was going on and his mood changed!
I might say this every month but his bottom tooth is almost popping through! I really think so this month though! Hopefully with his 8-month blog I will report great news!


No comments:

Post a Comment