Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our New Place!!

Today was the day I have been looking forward to for a few weeks now. I got to move into our new place downtown!! :-) The catch to this was that it was the first time I had actually viewed the unit. I was shown a similar unit that wasn't occupied and I liked it, so Brad and I went out on a limb and took the place without actually seeing it.
Debbie, her cousin Michelle and my friend Roxanne helped me move today. Debbie has a big Explorer, so we loaded that up with boxes and made 3 trips. In Roxie's car, we put my wedding dress and the more fragile things. It was tricky getting things out of the elevator and around a small corner, but we did it. The real trick will be getting our dresser, couch and bed into the unit. The dresser ( which is very heavy ) gets to go up a small stairway, so that will be fun for the guys! ;-)

After everyone left and my favorite asian restaurant fixed me dinner, I went back to our new place to spend some time in it alone. I wanted to start unloading my kitchen and getting things sort of put together. It was like christmas the way I was opening boxes and a smile would go across my face. It was pretty sweet.

Okay, so here are some of the pictures of our new place. I'm exhausted, but I wanted to share!! :-)
Enjoy


1 comment:

  1. That is really Beautiful! I love it and I am so happy for you! You have your own place so you can use your own things and be ready for your husband to come back! :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete