Wednesday, June 23, 2010

K.O.A.

Great news!! I got the guts and quit my job! It was the best thing I could do. I went in, talked to my boss who had no reaction to me quitting, got my paycheck and left. I then found out that they had hired someone else and she worked that same morning. So they could hire someone else and give them the hours but not give a current employee hours. lol. I am very excited to be out of there.
The next day I had a great interview with K.O.A base which is downtown. I'd be accepting calls and assisting people in their K.O.A accounts. It's an 8-5 M-F job. So even if it's a minimum wage job, it'll be better than driving 12 miles there and back to work 4 hours. :) Plus, the environment is great. The people are amazing and friendly. So fingers crossed that I get this one. They said I'd hear back from them by Friday to let them know the results. Hopefully I'll be working by next week!

The girls weekend is coming up in 2 days and I couldn't be more excited! The weekend is going to go by so fast, but it'll be nice to see my two very best friends!!
A few days after they leave, Don and Ferol come out to spend a few days with us. So that's exciting. THEN a few days after they leave, my mom comes out, Brad has drill and then leaves for 3 1/2 weeks. :) So although these next few weeks will be great and busy, it'll be nice to have company and visit! :)

We had a beautiful sunset last night and in the middle of it, I saw this huge lightening strike right down the middle of it! How often do you witness that!? It was thundering and lightening all night and it was pretty cool. It's supposed to be nice while the girls are out here, perhaps they will be lucky and get to see a storm! :)


I'll be sure to post pictures of this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment